Basement being waterproofed & insulated
Plumber in to do the rough plumb in the basement
They must have worked this morning!
9 KWH used on the electric meter
I got to go down into the basement today. (Everyone else got to Saturday, but I didn't because of the kids.)
There's now a second floor! Perry & I went up the stairs to stand on it.
They've been working on the second floor outside walls, too as several are up there with windows cut out, just need to be put up. (It was very windy today, so that's probably why they weren't done today.)
First day of Summer & the house is looking good! Drove by this afternoon (after Toddler Time at the library). They were working on putting OSB over the garage (roof).
They've taken down most of the wood support pieces for the walls & windows.
They framed in the attic accesses in both the garage and in my closet.
Some of the final trimwork is around some doorways (like the garage) and along the roofline.
They have more Tyvek on the house.
They framed in the walls around the first floor stairway.
They've also put up a metal support post in the basement, with the others down there waiting to be put up.
Water puddles on the first floor are gone, but still puddles in the basement. It's rained nearly every day this week (usually a heavy rain in the afternoons).
They cleaned up the place, too.
Perry talked to Mike, our builder, and on Wednesday they both are going to meet at the house for an "inspection". Since Bluffton doesn't have any building inspectors, they are going to do their own to make sure everything's looking good. Also told Mike about the dryer vent needing to be on the right, instead of the left as currently marked, as per our pre-con discussion which he remembered us talking about. And had him note that there weren't any markings for the fan in the WC (in the master bath) when we walked through yesterday, but it's on the plan. Those were the only "problems" that needed to be addressed so far. Everything's looking good. Mike said they ordered our windows a bit late & they planned on putting those in this week, but they won't be here until the first of July. So, instead they're going to start putting in the mechanicals & do the windows when they arrive. Moving right along......
Today was our walk-through inspection with the builder (Jeff - Regional Manager), so we didn't go over this evening.
Had a chance to express some concerns & he answered some questions we had.
HVAC guys were there. They should be done tomorrow - except for the final touches - registers, etc.
The air conditioning unit was in place. When doing the inspection Jeff asked one of the HVAC guys if they were going to put the AC unit just to the south of the kitchen windows. He said yes, and then had us look out Trey's bedroom window, where we saw that it was already installed.
They were putting in gas lines for the dryer, range....
Windows should be here tomorrow!
Framers should be done tomorrow.
No locksets on yet, though - which is good, since we forgot to take our key with us.
2 windows need to be changed. The 2 side-by-side windows in the family room are vinyl on the inside, when all of the others are wood on the inside. Also, one of these two windows is a low-E and all of the others in the house are clear. Quite noticable right next to each other. (The window in the master bath is also low-E - supposed to be? OK either way as it's the only one in the room & we'll be putting something on it to make it a frosted look for privacy.)
The framers furred out a few walls that needed it.
The dryer vent is on (where it's supposed to be!).
All of the things we pointed out at the inspection yesterday have been taken care of & they cleaned up the first & second floors!!!
The only MAJOR concerns we saw - There was up to an inch of water covering the entire basement. It may have been due to the storm that went through yesterday & they just didn't pump it out? Maybe they've been pumping water out each time it rains & we just don't know about it? Also - it appears that someone was burning what appeared to be styrafoam & cardboard packing materials on the lot in front of the house. Could have been the window guys, but there's a dumpster right there? Perry called Mike & left a message (after hours) just to let him know about these issues & about the windows, so we'll find out more tomorrow.
All in all, we're very pleased with everything.
Today we have an electrical walk-through to decide on what we want and where we want it.
Electrician was very helpful in trying to decide how many light fixtures were needed & he had some of the same ideas we did, so it went very well. Unfortunately, we DID forget a few things, so when they're there on Monday to do the rough electrical we need to stop by & let them know.
Tonight we went to Lowe's and bought our dimmer switches. The electrician said we could save about $10 per switch if we purchased them compared to him suppling them, since he's a third party.